Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lost in space

Just spent over an hour creating a totally unnecessary but pretty fun digital meez. For a non-surfer, practical-oriented computer user (just want to use it to get my work done and email then go do other things, thanks) I got really serious about creating just the right meez for the mood!

But I digress.

LibraryThing is cool! I've always had little success selecting good books off the shelves without a recommendation. Wine, like books, has always been selected by the label (cover). Most often, book covers are deceiving --- really great cover art does not a good read make. But I HAVE gotten some great reads off the book group shelves at the library! Makes sense, and they're selected by the fine folks who find great books and bring them to other people's attention for a living. LibraryThing just expands that. See what people are reading, talking about, love, would read again, etc Perfect!

Now if someone can just help me find a really good glass of wine...

1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

great avatar.
i love it!

bc